Find out more about the experts who check our articles for accuracy and reliability.
The Prohealthyfit Review Board is a group of board-certified fitness trainers and renowned health and wellness leaders who ensure the quality of our content and its alignment with our basic principles. They join us in our mission to motivate people to take action by providing realistic, science-backed diet and fitness recommendations for their healthy living journey.
Meet the Review Board’s dedicated registered dietitians, certified personal trainers, fitness instructors and nutritionists, and more.
Review Board Members
Nora Robert (Dietician Nutritionist)
Nora Robert is a well-known registered dietitian nutritionist, healthy culinary expert, and engaging speaker who motivates millions of people to eat well and lead healthy lives. She is well-known for creating television segments, writing articles for websites, and serving as a spokeswoman for prominent health-conscious firms and organizations around the country. She writes nutrition blog posts for Prohealthy Fit and offers the highest quality information and advice on diet and health so that you may choose the best course of action for your wellbeing. She also encourages individuals to alter and adopt healthy behaviors.
- Responds to customer inquiries and complaints or passes them to the appropriate staff.
- Provides food resources for the nursing staff and other staff members.
- Uses approved materials and resources to provide general diet information.
- Making strategies and goals for health.
- Creating dietary remedies
- Educating patients and clients on nutrition
- Tracking and monitoring the customer information, such as dietary order changes, food allergies, preferences, and requests.
Education And Expertise
In addition to her nutrition expertise, she got a professional chef certification from the Institute of Culinary Education, New York. She graduated from Columbia University with a Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics and completed dietetic training in 2019 at NYU Steinhardt. She received an MS. RDN (Master of Science and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist) degree from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. She enjoys using her culinary expertise to create recipes, record cooking tutorials, and provide people with nutrition advice so they may make healthy lifestyle choices.
Mary Carl (Mental Health Counselor)
Mary Carl is a licensed mental health counselor working as a therapist and coach in New York. She has over ten years of clinical experience in outpatient specialty clinics, organized outpatient programs, inpatient psychiatric hospitals, large non-profits, and private practice. At Syracuse University, she has also taught social work and related subjects. She has provided clinical and administrative supervision to social work students, interns, and professionals.
She publishes health blog posts for Prohealthy Fit and provides high-quality information and recommendations on mental and physical health issues so that people can recover from illnesses, depression, disruptive behaviors, relationship challenges, self-esteem, and trauma.
- Guides clients in the development of problem-solving skills and techniques. Encourages clients to express their emotions and talk about what is going on in their life, and assists them in developing insight into themselves and their relationships.
- Collects information about clients through interviews, observations, and tests. Creates and maintains reports and records related to therapy.
- Based on an examination of the client’s information, determines the client’s physical or mental status. Creates and carries out treatment regimens based on clinical knowledge and experience. Acts as a client advocate to arrange for necessary services or to handle urgent issues in emergency scenarios.
- Making strategies and goals for health.
- Provides mental and physical health advice to customers and clients.
She has worked with both individuals and groups in a variety of clinical situations during the course of her career in the following areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Chronic Pain and Chronic Illness
- Anger and Stress Management
- Trauma and Abuse
- Chronic Mental Illness
- Self-image and Self-Esteem Issues
- Disruptive behaviors
- Relationship challenges
She is an American Counseling Association professional member and a National Board of Certified Counselors board-certified member. She continues her education by attending national and local conferences, staying current with health therapy research, and seeking supervision.
Education and Expertise
- BA – Psychology from Newyork University
- MS – Professional Counseling from Columbia University
- 3 years of experience in counseling or mental health services
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Capable of treating both minor and severe mental diseases.
- Current practicing license obtained from the clinical therapy board of the state.
Emma Charles (Dermatologist)
Emma Charles is a board-certified dermatologist with a chemistry degree from American International College, a medical degree from Yale University in New York, clinical research experience at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in Columbia, and expertise in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment. Since 2015, she has provided medical and surgical dermatology services in Deer Park, New York, to patients of all ages with dermatological conditions.
She is a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, and the Women’s Dermatologic Society. She also works as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology at Harvard University. She was able to pursue her interest in cosmetic dermatology and train with top cosmetic doctors in New York City during her training. She is committed to providing her patients with high-quality medical and aesthetic care. She contributes to the Prohealthy Fit beauty blog and shares information on cosmetics and skincare product recommendations.
- Analyze the condition of the patients’ skin
- Review and update the medical history of the patient
- Record the symptoms of the patients.
- Analyze all data pertaining to skin health issues.
- provide medical advice
- Give patients information about available treatments.
Alyssa James ( Fashion designer)
Alyssa James was born in California and raised in Colorado. Her background is in fashion design and industrial tailoring. She worked as a fitness trainer, aerobic instructor, and choreographer when she was a student. Her interest in Fitness & Performance Sportswear began at that time. After earning an undergraduate degree BFA in Fashion Design at Cornell University, Newyork.
She Interned and become a member of the Fashion Institute of Technology and got many certifications including Fashion Styling, Wardrobe Technician and Costume Design Specialist, and Certified Technical Designer. Then she moved to New York City to become a designer and that’s exactly what she did for almost 7 years She is well-known in the fashion industry for her creative designs for performance sports & lifestyle apparel. She contributes to the Prohealthy Fit apparel blog where she likes to share recommendations about what to wear for exercise and what suits your body type.
- Research current fashion trends and predict what customers will appreciate.
- Collaborating with the design team to generate fresh product concepts based on research findings.
- Provide advice regarding appropriate workout attire based on body type.
Henry Michael (Fitness Instructor)
Henry Michael has been working out for 5 years before he started teaching group fitness and joining Prohealthy Fit. He started instructing kickboxing, boot camp, spinning, and cardio. He is a trained Core de Force LIVE Instructor and holds a Group Fitness Instructor Certification from AFAA and athletic trainer.
His expertise and passion come directly from his own personal fitness journey. He Leads and coordinates individual or group adult fitness/physical training sessions for a specified health and fitness program.
- Sets up and supervises class equipment, ensuring that everything is returned in good working order.
- Participants are given suitable advice on the policies and procedures of the program and the class.
- Offers recommendations related to fitness equipment and workouts.